The web audio holds the fine points related to the outline below and is worth listening to in order to hear the details and personal experiences expressed during the conference call.
Web Audio: Click on the title below to listen to this call, or right click the link, then "Save link as", to save the MP3 file to your computer:
(The following article has been updated and may vary from the audio version.)
Five major holiday seasons (Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years, the religious holidays of December & Valentine's Day) are the motivation for dietary compromises, from which the body fails to fully recover between each holiday before facing another one, then struggles to regain balance during the months of January, February and March.
In some cases, the cumulative effect of this series of dietary compromises results in old health conditions and/or bouts of depression returning with a vengeance.
This drop in well-being catches many by surprise, not being aware of the direct connection between traditional holiday meals and their effect on one's health or mood.
During the months of January, February and March I receive more calls from people who find themselves in a progressively deteriorating health condition or depression than any other months of the year. Sudden colds, flu, digestive distress, heartburn, a flare up of old conditions, joint pains, skin rashes & outbreaks, acid stomach, insomnia, a worsening of existing conditions like low or high blood sugar/pressure, or other ailment, including moderate to suicidal depression, are common complaints during those months.
One of my goals in presenting the following information is to reduce, if possible, the number people who struggle with their physical & emotional health during & after the holiday seasons.
In most instances it is due to the cumulative effect of a multitude of dietary compromises that are common to holiday celebrations. An abundance of sugar, nuts, chips (or other fried foods), rich foods, candy, desserts, alcohol and typical food combining mistakes traditionally bred into our celebration of the holidays.
Some of the most common worst offenders are nuts, sweets, breads & alcohol, especially when combined into the same dish, or in the same meal, like pecan pie (deadly at triggering herpes, shingles, or a flu bug), raw fruit pies (nut crust with sweet fruits can promote bloat & digestive disturbances), or fruit cake (again, a food combining mistake consisting of nuts, fruits, grains & sometimes alcohol producing fungal overgrowth, while feeding the herpes strain of viruses). By the time the third holiday rolls around in December, and especially by early to mid-January & February, more people call who are in a serious health crisis, or in a moderate to suicidal depression, than at any other time of year.
The cause is obvious in most cases, as each instance can usually be traced back to a brief or extended excess of nuts, nut butters, sugar, chips, breads, corn, alcohol, canola oil, and/or food combining mistakes (like raw butter on an organic squash, or on other starches).
Such dietary side effects can also be compounded by the side effects of flu shots, antibiotics, meds, recreationals, and personal or family crisis moments (alsoprevalent during holidays).
1. Alkalinize the body daily with Earth & Sea Greens (orVital Cleanse & Nutrify5 Way Superfood Blend) and Ancient Mineral Blend two or more times per day.
2. Consume Digestive Bitters with or before every meal to insure digestion is at peak performance prior to the holiday meals. Taken again just before bed helps with the more difficult digestive situations, especially if food combining mistakes could not be avoided.
3. Build health in advance, so as to go into the holidays with greater resilience. Watch the diet more carefully, take more clay baths, increase the amount of superfoods and immune support herbs. Note the wisdom mentioned in this article: When is the Best Time to Start a Health Building-Cleansing Program – Before or After the Holidays??
4. Do a Liver Flush with Bitters before and after the holidays. Celebration foods will place additional burdens on the blood purification powers of the liver. Best to flush the liver before and after the holidays to ease the strain and speed the recovery from celebration foods.
5. Before a big meal consume Earth & Sea Greens, or Vital Cleanse & Nutrify5 Way Superfood Blend, to reduce the cravings for snacks and minimize the tendency to overeat.
6. Knowing that celebration foods will stress your blood sugar and splenic functions, strengthen your blood sugar regulators (pancreas and adrenals) with Blood Sugar Balance & Kidney Adrenal Support, and restore spleen function with Spleen Builder.
7. Eat more cultured foods to build your digestive powers (kefir, sauerkraut, shiso, miso, other cultured vegetables, raw milk whey, & Friendly Flora),but avoid Kombucha, jun and honey meade - which is basically sugar, caffeine & alcohol – the three main food groups that blow out the spleen and adrenals (key immune & digestive system organs) and promote viral & fungal overgrowth.
8. Build immune system strength in advance with daily amounts of Immune Power & Sacred Clay. (Other formulas which build the immune system are: Lung Support, Thyroid Balance, Purify, Licorice Root Powder and Spleen Builder. Keep these in mind if any of them are all you have when a crisis starts to build.)
9. Prepare a Travel Spice Kit (with our small sample size jars) in a case to bring with you to restaurants and for travel. Ours includes organic black pepper, Himalayan Salt, Pink Sulfur Salt (aka Black Salt), Curry Spice Blend, Fire, Digestive Bitters, and I bring extra fennel or cumin to help with gas, common to restaurant food).
1. Anything containing an artificial or concentrated sweetener (even the natural ones), especially if the sweetener is a glucose or sucrose type sweetener, like honey, agave, granulated sugars, maple syrup, or molasses. While not as sweet, yacon root powder is a safer alternative. Honey, while natural, needs to be treated like a fruit (consumed on an empty stomach, or at least consumed apart from meals containing oils and fats).
a. Sweeten with Licorice Root Powder (not the licorice candy) and Stevia Green Leaf Powder instead (not the stevia drops or white concentrated powder). Licorice and stevia do not contain fructose, glucose or sucrose and can be combined safely with oils and fats.
b. One reason concentrated glucose and sucrose sweeteners can be a dietary risk has to do with the need for insulin to metabolize glucose and sucrose. The conversion of glucose and sucrose to ATP produces a lactic acid buildup where oxygen levels were low to begin with.
c. Concentrated sugars compound this problem as high sugar levels in the blood also reduce the ability of acids being excreted from the body via the urine. The body becomes over-acidic, thus thickening/reducing bile flow (used to digest fats).
d. Undigested fats in the blood make it even more difficult to metabolize sugars resulting in a sugar spike. Yeast in the body consumes the excess sugar in the blood resulting in a fungal bloom (fungal overgrowth), along with viral and bacterial proliferation, followed by fuzzy brain, digestive bloat, over-acid stomach, interference with hormones, and an aggravation of many other conditions in the body.
e. Unconcentrated fructose (as in fruits and yacon), on the other hand, does not require insulin to be converted to energy for the cells, thus no lactic acid buildup. When consumed apart from oils and fats, fruits and yacon are able to feed the energy producing ATP in the cells without acidifying the body.
2. Breads, cookies, pastries, and other candies, (beware of the "natural" ones). "Organic" does not always mean safe for you. Read Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis to understand why this is so).
3. Sweetened chocolate, due to the concentrated sugar ("organic cane sugar") in combination with the cacao butter, cream, nuts, or a few ingredients which cannot be pronounced. The least compromising chocolate treat uses raw fermented cacao, dates or yacon, sea salt or spices, possibly some green superfoods, and very little else (assuming such a chocolate could be found or made).
4. Meat of all kinds (because meats are exceptionally hard to digest, acidify the body, and place an undue strain on your digestive system at a time when the digestive system will already be taxed). Because meats typically contain fats, and most celebration meals will also contain starches, the fungal overgrowth and strain on the digestive tract is compounded further.
5. Nuts (also hard to digest, and way too easy to eat too many). Do not eat nuts with fruit, sweets or starches (granola bars & trail mixes are classic food combining nightmares). Unless you take the nuts out of the shell yourself, the chance of beginning levels of mold and rancidity is great.
6. Nuts and concentrated sugars are two of the greatest viral, fungal, and bacterial overgrowth promoters in the health food world.
6. Chips (fried oils are often rancid, and oils should not be combined with starches like corn or potatoes)
7. Other fried foods (clogs the arteries, acidifies the blood, and interferes with sugar metabolism)
8. Pasteurized cheese, cream, yogurt & milk (all pasteurized dairy products are congesting, acidic, and toxic). Raw dairy has advantages in moderation.
9. Soy products and byproducts of all kinds (soy over-estrogenates the body and is most likely GMO, even if it is organic).
10. Coffee if sweetened, or with pasteurized milk/cream. Black organic coffee in moderate quantities may have some (questionable) health benefits, although there are several downsides to coffee as well. Decaf coffees are more likely to contain mold than regular coffee due to the longer soaking time required for extracting the caffeine. The coffee plant is one of the most chemicalized food plants in the world, so stick to organically grown beans from trusted sources.
11. Colas, even the "natural" ones (usually loaded with sugars and acids).
12. Alcohol does not have the health benefits that media and (industry funded) research reports have led us to believe. Alcohol depresses the immune system by weakening the spleen (a major contributor of antibodies whose job it is to tackle viruses and bacteria in the body). Alcohol also degenerates the brain similar to coffee (as per Dr. Amen's brain scan revelations shown in the article).
Kombucha & jun are gentler than the above, but can still worsen candida overgrowth and blow out the spleen due to its sugar/caffeine/alcohol content.
Alcohol produces a serotonin response in the body, thus providing its mood elevating effects, offset, of course, by its reduction of inhibitions and motor skills, endangering lives in many ways.
12. Non-fermented coconut water will also cause digestive difficulty (fungal overgrowth) due to its excessive sweetness. Even the fermented variety will tend in this direction.
13. Important! Remember to minimize liquids with and after meals so as not to dilute essential digestive juices. Best time to take your nutritional supplements is before or during a meal. If you forget, just minimize the amount of liquids consumed to get them down.
1. Sweets with oils.
2. Foods that convert to sugar in the body (like grains and starchy veges) with oils.
3. Meat with starches (rice, potatoes, grains, etc.).
4. Fruit or jams with nuts and nut butters.
5. Nuts or nut butters with breads, rice cakes or sweeteners (yes, even agave and honey).
6. Eat fruits, honey and sweets on an empty stomach.
7. Best not to eat desserts at all, but if you must, try eating desserts 1 hour before a meal, or 2 hours or more after a meal, and consume bitter foods or bitter herbs (Digestive Bitters) and blood sugar regulators (Blood Sugar Balance) with the meal, and again between the meal & dessert, to reduce or prevent the side effects of viral, bacterial, and fungal overgrowth from this food combining error. Most desserts are made of a combination of sugars, starches and oils which makes them a contributing cause behind many health complaints.
1. Black Pepper (oils, dairy)
2. Ginger (all kinds of foods)
3. Cardamon (dairy and oils)
4. Hawthorn Berry (meat)
5. Alfalfa, (contains digestive enzymes for all major food groups)
6. Fennel (oils, gas and indigestion)
7. Coriander (oils, gas and indigestion)
8. Red chili pepper (oils, gas and indigestion)
9. Rosemary, (oils, starches, mental alertness)
10. Onion (oils, proteins, starches)
11. Chamomile (gas and indigestion)
12. Peppermint (gas and indigestion)
13. Entire mint family (gas and indigestion)
14. Lemongrass (gas and indigestion)
15. Radishes (oils and proteins)
16. Cumin (oils, beans and proteins)
17. Turmeric (all kinds of foods)
18. Yarrow (oils and proteins)
Many of these are also found in Digestive Bitters, Spleen Builder, Fire and Herbal Oxygen.
1. Bay leaf
5. Black Tea
11. Mineral blends created by Nature, not a laboratory: Ancient Mineral Blend, Sacred Clay, Mineral Manna, Earthen Ormus
Many of the above herbs are also found in Blood Sugar Balance.
Holiday and post-holiday depression is one of the most common emotional side effects of the above dietary compromises. Stresses on the hormonal system from these compromises result in adrenal fatigue and spleen weakness which affects all other hormone producing glands (thyroid, hypothalamus, pineal, pituitary, etc.). Depression, feeling wired, insomnia, sluggish mornings, spaciness, and sugar or "protein" cravings become more prevalent.
1. Consume more Ormalite (a "Happy Clay" which helps to reduce stress).
2. Keep in mind that the after-effects of sugar, alcohol, coffee, black/green tea and recreational drugs are major causes of spaciness, hyperactivity, depression, and insomnia (they deprive the body of valuable jing essence, which is a subtle energy stored in the kidneys, the loss of which impacts the spleen and deprives the person of motivation.
3. The kidney jing and the spleen are absolutely foundational to your health, vitality and the ability to feel joy. Kidney/adrenal exhaustion and spleen disfunction (from sweets, stimulants & alcohol) are behind most types of fatigue & depression (before the meds get involved). Simply rebuild these glands as you improve the diet, then notice how energy climbs & happiness returns.
4. Often depression and lethargy are brought about from viral, fungal or bacterial overgrowth triggered by the diet. Restoring immune health and correcting pathogen loads can result in an overnight surge in energy and sense of well-being.
5. The immune enhancement preventative measures mentioned above, when taken in larger than normal quantities, can result in the rapid restoration of immune health. These primarily include: Immune Power & Sacred Clay. These two alone in large quantities for 1-3 days is often enough to reverse a crisis. (Other formulas which build the immune system are: 10 Day Immune Boost, Herbal C, Earth & Sea Greens, Lung Support, Thyroid Balance, Purify, Licorice Root Powder and Spleen Builder.)
6. When the adrenal glands become exhausted from life stress, sugars & stimulants, nourish them back to health with Kidney & Adrenal Builder and Revitalize for Men/Women
7. Choose to approach life stress with less attachment to outcomes, as an observer with both curiosity and a smile, then watch how outcomes improve and your world changes!
8. Note the reflections of yourself in others. Once we own our reflections in others we immediately access the power to change things within. The world around us is merely a mirror of our own perceptions. As our perceptions improve, we readily access the insights necessary to shift events in our world or respond to them in more powerful, effective ways
9. Question everything with: "I bless this reflection of my inner self." (The world is our mirror. The reflections we see reveal aspects of our own subconscious).
10. Follow this blessing with the question,"What is the True Nature of Life in moments like these?" (referring to the grand universal, unconditional love perspective). Feel your answers rather than attempt to think them through.
11. Then take 3 or more deep breaths slowly until you enter into a state of deep stillness and peace (usually takes about 1-3 minutes, unless the cause is much deeper).
12. Notice immediate relief to an increasing degree with each application. See Emotion Packed Imagery and The Gentle Art Of Self Healing DVD - How To Manifest Material Dreams and Desires for a more complete process on inner healing.
Many blessings of health & success,
Enjoy the simple gifts of Nature.
Over 10 Ways to Use Sacred Clay for Health Maintenance
Clay & water are the most ancient health remedies of all time for both human and animal. It is my belief that they will be among the ultimate remedies of the future as well.
How to Improve the Human Biological Terrain to Your Greatest Advantage.
A Simple Health Building & Weight Management Program that Breaks All Dieting Rules