How to Manage Effects of the #1 Contributing Influence Behind Physical Dis-Ease
Over the next 3.5 months, from Halloween to Valentines Day, American holiday celebrations will become the leading contributing factor in the promotion of insomnia, depression, sluggish energy, hyperactivity, fuzzy brain, reduced memory, an increase in colds and flu, inflammation, and the flareup of former health conditions.
1. Concentrated natural and artificial sweeteners and
2. the sugar imbalances in the body caused by poor food combining practices built into common celebration meals.
Each year I get an increased number of calls in January, February & March from those who, when questioned, noticed the onset of their symptoms develop shortly after "overdoing it" during one or more of the prime celebrations from Oct 31 forward.
The central role of chocolate, nuts, desserts, candies, sweet drinks & alcohol, along with common food combinations of meats, fats & oils with starches, grains, & sugars, results in a series of surges and drops in sugar levels in the bloodstream for several hours following these snacks or meals.
Blood sugar dysregulation is due in part to a type of insulin resistance followed by fungal/yeast overgrowth (whose purpose is, in part, to eat down dangerous levels of sugar in the blood).
Sugar is Essential to Life, So What's the Problem?
Under normal conditions sugar in the blood is not only good, it is absolutely essential to good health, brain power, and a long life. Sugar is essential to the development of ATP, the energy molecule for the cell.
Sugar concentrates, on the other hand, especially in combination with oils and fats, lead to the over-production of pancreatic & adrenal hormones in an effort to balance the sugar surges produced by concentrated sweeteners.
The natural result of a daily assault on these two sugar-regulating glands is multi-fold:
1. Depletion of mineral reserves used to construct sugar-regulating hormones produced by the pancreas and adrenals
2. Exhaustion of the pancreas and adrenals due to overwork (it is like making them run the 100 yard dash with every bite of a sugar-laden food or sip of drink)
3. Depression of the functions of the spleen (which is central to the production of antibodies needed to fight pathogens) and the lymphatic system (the body's sewage management system)
4. Dysregulation of hormone production in the other endocrine glands: thyroid, reproductive, thymus, hypothalamus, pineal, pituitary, etc., due to the central role that the adrenals play in the hormone production levels of other glands
5. Prolonged levels of acidity in the body aggravated by the acidity of the sugar itself coupled with the excessive amounts of acidic insulin attempting to store the high sugar levels, but being impeded by undigested fats in the bloodstream (from poor food combining)
While each of the above impact health in their numerous ways, there is one area that sugar excesses produce its most devastating impact: the human immune system.
6. Sugar concentrates cause a depression of the human immune system overall, resulting in a proneness to invading pathogens, inflammation, and the proliferation of bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungus.
Can anyone remain in a state of optimal health under the influences of such a broad spectrum impact on the human body?
It is for this reason, and due to sugar's prolific role in our daily lives, especially around celebrations, that concentrated sugars are considered the most central contributing factor to the deterioration of health across the world (not always the prime cause, but certainly the most prominent contributing factor behind deteriorating health overall).
To understand the role of celebration foods on our health and what you can do BEFORE the holidays to give yourself the best possible outcome (even with a few compromises along the way), read the following articles:
How to Guard Your Health & Emotional Well Being as You Celebrate
Tips on how to minimize the effects of celebration foods & seasonal blues
(article & audio)
------- -- -------
When is the Best Time to Start a
Health Building-Cleansing Program –
Before or After the Holidays??
A Common Sense Approach to
Preserving Your Health During Holiday Celebrations
------- -- -------
Secrets to Building a
Powerful Immune System
20 Ways to Balance & Empower
Your Immune Response
Including Increased Longevity, A Healthier Heart, a Stronger Immune System, Less Inflammation, and Higher Levels of Vitamins A, D, E, and K.
How to use these two precious gifts from Nature!
Common herbs and spices (with 4 example recipes below) that boost your digestive powers, improve nutrient assimilation & build immune system strength